Progress. Improvement. Step by step growth happens incrementally. Attention to detail is everything. The adage, “Rome wasn’t built in a day” paints the mindset of consistency and persistence. Grit showed us that commitment to a goal is one of the best ways to achieve it and everything else in life. Motivation and Mindfulness taught us attention to detail and value of intent. The Power of Small teaches why it’s invaluable to make these small changes because it’s these small shifts that end up
Attention to Detail – Focus on the Small?
The little things can’t matter, right? It surely isn’t going to make a difference that you missed that meeting or cut off that one driver. That’s the idea at least. But in The Power of Small, it is these moments that end up defining our lives. Well, almost, it is some that end up causing such a shock-wave in our world.
How Likely is That?
Now, you may be thinking (as I surely was), so what? Just because, this one person happened to get lucky and buy a winning lottery ticket doesn’t mean I should go out and buy ten! And if left there, it would be no surprise why the small doesn’t matter. But life often isn’t that cut and dry, and that’s exactly what Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval wanted to say. It ends up being those moments, those juts in our day-to-day routines, that ultimately define us.
Attention to Detail
The small details make the most impact. Anytime you’ve submitted an email with a typo or slip up on someone’s name, you understand just how important the tiny details are. If not careful, you can ruin any moment, text, or paper all because of one inappropriate typo. Paying attention to the details may seem like nothing, but once you start avoiding them it becomes everything.
Apply To Motivation
Applying techniques from The Bullet Journal Method and you’ll start to realize how crucial every choice is. Being mindful of the flow of things will make you more productive. Being more attentive to your task will make you more optimized, the list goes on and on. Let’s run a morning routine two ways, one motivated and positive, the other lazy and negative.
Morning One (Motivation)
- Wake-up to the alarm at 6:45 A.M., quickly sit up and stretch.
- Run through your thoughts from last night and prepare to move around.
- Make breakfast at 7:15 A.M., decide that today you should start off with your healthier breakfast (vegetable smoothie and a fruit).
- Take that healthy choice and start to get ready for work twenty minutes early.
- Finish dressing at 8:15 A.M. and spend thirty minutes reading.
- Start your day at 8:45 A.M, feeling energized.
Morning Two (Distracted)
- Wake-up to the alarm at 6:45 A.M., but instead snooze for those extra fifteen minutes.
- Wake-up again at 7:30 A.M. to the second alarm, a little groggier this time.
- Notice that you have to get moving soon or you might not leave enough time.
- Feeling a little rushed, you choose for the quick breakfast option (Two blueberry muffins)
- Now 8:00 A.M., you start getting ready for work and finish at 8:30 A.M.
- Instead of reading, you scroll on your news feed for ten minutes and finally head out for work.
What Happened in Morning One?
A small change, seemingly trivial made all the difference. In the first morning, you decided to get up at 6:45A.M. That gave you plenty of time to think and stretch. Heading upstairs with those extra ten minutes (and a positive mindset already) choosing the healthier breakfast was easy. Every correct choice led you step by step down the better path.
What About Morning Two?
You made the quick decision to go back to bed. Instead of stretching when you awoke, you felt a little more rushed. Although it may seem like nothing, that first step made you less mindful and a little more frazzled. Leading you to make that slightly worse breakfast choice. Every negative choice led you even further down the worse path.
For more on attention to detail, check out these popular links!
- How to Improve Attention To Detail: 12 Steps (with Pictures)
- 10 Examples of Attention to Detail
- What’s the Big Deal About Attention to Detail?
Interested in the book click the link here! Enjoying the post and my content? Comment below or share! Thanks for reading and have a pleasant Sunday!
First Blogger at Domincusation.com